Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Crisis? I see no crisis...

Shot with Olympus E520
With banking so much in the news these days, I thought it was appropriate to visit the Old Lady of Threadneedle Street (the Bank of England). Grand though it is, this is the rear of the building.

These last two days I've been having to commute into town on public transport, which has forcibly reminded me just how much I prefer cycling. The only bright spot was that it has enabled me to pick up some of the "Credit Crunch" jokes that are doing the round like:

What is the difference between a 12" pizza and an investment banker? A 12" pizza can feed a family of 4.

Or, the definition of an optimist? An investment banker ironing 5 shirts on Sunday night.

Latest news: the Isle of Dogs Building Society has collapsed. They've called in the retrievers.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:35 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Crisis? I see no crisis..."

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile