Friday, December 12, 2008

Knit for Peace

Shot with Olympus E520
There's a great thing going on at the Oxo Gallery at the moment - Knit for Peace. Just drop in and knit something for the children in Afghanistan. I know it sounds political but as a bloke who knits, it did get me thinking.

And what I thought was more men - especially politicians - should knit, because is seems to me:
  • If you are doing something useful you don't need to worry about looking silly, the last laugh is with you
  • Making real things by knitting makes it hard to destroy real things whatever they are
  • You learn to appreciate all sorts of people who can knit
  • It's very easy to talk to anyone when you are knitting
  • Knitting is stress relieving in a way little else is
  • If all else fails, you can poke 'em in the bum with a knitting needle instead of dropping a bomb
And I'm less than half joking.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:10 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Knit for Peace"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile