Monday, February 02, 2009

Chinese in the New Year

Shot with Olympus E520
It was Chinese new year last week, and the London celebrations were this Sunday. I didn't make it to that, but here is a picture from my Chinese lessons in the Bishopsgate Institute on Thursday. Here, we are learning to write Chinese characters (my own effort is in the front of the shot). I'm hoping to learn Chinese before going there on holiday in July; I managed to order a Chinese meal "by numbers" in Mandarin so I'm quite optimistic.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 2

Comments on "Chinese in the New Year"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (02:27) : 

awww seems that you did a good job on calligraphy cheers ;)

 

Blogger stromsjo said ... (20:55) : 

Are these characters or maybe "words" in our sense of... the word?

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile