Friday, March 20, 2009

The Eagle Hut, Aldwych



OK, so the picture is boring. I am in Aldwych, (eald wic in old English, or old settlement) an area dating back to the 7th Century looking around at stuff for The Way We See It. I saw this plaque, which interested me enough to find out that it was run by the YMCA as a social centre for the American servicemen and others in the first world war.

Still not enough reason to post a picture as boring as this, but then I found an old photo of the Eagle Hut, and an aerial version,too. So I changed my mind.

Want to see how grand it is now? Walk around with Google Street View.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "The Eagle Hut, Aldwych"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile