Thursday, May 28, 2009

The Monument

Shot with Olympus E520
Unless you have been particularly keen trawling through my archives you won't have found the previous appearance of The Monument, three and a half years ago. That was the very early days, when I didn't even have a decent camera to speak of.

Time to update: in the intervening period it has undergone a major refurbishment and is again open for the brave visitors who are undaunted by the 311 steps to the top. They have also built a great website with stacks of information.

And now, courtesy of Carolyn, a photo of The Monument taken around 1753.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "The Monument"

 

Blogger Tinsie said ... (20:25) : 

Great shot of the Monument! I've been to the top once already, maybe I'll go again now that it's reopened :-)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile