Monday, June 22, 2009

Busking Cancer - Zarif

Shot with Olympus E520
On Saturday night, I went to the "Busking Cancer" event on board HMS Belfast. It was a fantastic event, the most intimate imaginable - a warship's deck is not the first venue that would come to mind looking for a rock venue. During the performances, I was less than ten feet away from the artistes.

I came away with a shed load of decent stuff, this is Zarif. If you haven't heard of her, I reckon you will, soon enough - she has an amazing voice. You can see my video of her rendition of "Teardrops" here (pause the video if the audio starts breaking up to let it buffer), her website is here, and myspace here.

Sorry, but there will be more stuff from the evening over the next couple of days. Oh, and Rod Stewart is one of the patrons of the charity. The other? well, that's part of what's coming up.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:48 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Busking Cancer - Zarif"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile