Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Condor, London

Shot with Olympus E520
Condor is a low volume, classic, bike manufacturer associated with London for over 60 years, the bike messengers' steed of choice. The current fad for single speed and fixed wheel bikes may well have done them some good. Me? I like the elegant simplicity of a fixie like this, but I have too much respect for my ageing knees to ride one.

And, while I would never condone the behaviour in this video of a bike race, there is a part of me that's gladdened by the anarchic spirit. I wonder if I'll feel the same way after the Climate Camp of the next few days?

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Condor, London"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile