Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Earls Court Exhibition Centre

Shot with Olympus E620
Looking at the Deco frontage of Earl's Court Exhibition Centre, I realised that I didn't know it's history. Turns out to be more interesting than I thought... " In the late 19th century the site had been home to Buffalo Bill's Wild West Show and a huge observation wheel. A plaque in the press centre commemorates both of these facts and that Queen Victoria was a frequent visitor to the show." I like that idea. Read the Wikipedia article here. Oh, was there a cycle show on? Who knows, there may be a shot from there, too.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Earls Court Exhibition Centre"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile