Thursday, January 28, 2010

Where Is This Leading?

Shot with Olympus E620
Knowing that I am an enthusiastic cyclist you might expect me to be an enthusiastic supporter of all things "green", and I am, but.....

Westminster council now has a policy that allows electric cars to park for free and recharge for free. And they call it "green", "Zero Emissions". Good job there isn't a power plant in Westminster, then. If I had my way, I'd skew the charges to make it a lot cheaper to drive a small car - regardless of propulsion, and expensive to drive a big car. It would be nice if it could be done by weight rather than size, but why why why why why do we insist on carting round several useless tonnes of dead weight? Ah well, it is a start, anyway. Have a look here if you want to have a laugh - I really believe that was not done tongue in cheek.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Where Is This Leading?"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile