Wednesday, October 27, 2010

The Kew Mural

Shot with Olympus E620
This fantastic carved mural is cn the wall in Kew and is a distillation of many of the features of the garden, like the parakeets, the Chinese lions and the pagoda. It was created out of the wood from some of the 800 trees brought down in the great storm of 1987. It is called "Kew Threatened by the Wind" and here's the kicker - it was carved by Robert H. Games, a sixteen year old schoolboy at the time, do have a look at the detail. Hard to understand, but I can't seem to find any more of his work.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 1

Comments on "The Kew Mural"

 

Blogger Ron Scheer said ... (00:27) : 

I didn't see until I saw the pic larger that it's made of different pieces of wood. Reminds me of last year when the winds here in the desert took down the only two trees I had growing in my backyard... Would like to have had a remembrance of them like this.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile