Funny how things go around, 40 years ago it was all the rage to pull out anything that looked old, good job they were only partially successful. These two shops in Spitalfields are A Gold and Verde & Company. The names are left over from the 19th century, only A Gold provide history on their website:
Built in 1780, the four-storey Grade II-listed house has been home in the past to diamond-cutters, furriers, boot makers, drapers, book-binders and Amelia Gold, an Hungarian Jew who ran a French millinery (hat-making) business. Her 1880's shop sign is still visible across the frontage.