Saturday, May 28, 2011

London's Elephants - No 39 in a series



Ahhhhh, another elephant. About time, I hear you say. I saw this on my way home, in Hanbury Street by Brick Lane. It looks to me as if there may be others around, too.



The elephants series is here.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 8

Comments on "London's Elephants - No 39 in a series"

 

Blogger Julie said ... (01:53) : 

I cannot quite fathom this one, Ham. Is it a mural? Although his feet appear to be 3D. And that watery shadow is a joy.

 

Blogger Ham said ... (03:22) : 

It's a small figure, about 9" tall, a "paste up" and paint on the wall and the shadow is sprayed on the pavement.

I don't know who was responsible for this, but it is one of the most ingenious pieces I have seen since the heyday of Banksy.

 

Blogger irinapictures said ... (06:54) : 

Amazing find of wonderful art. Great. Bravo to you both.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:25) : 

These small figures are like the "Jack the Ripper" figures that you posted the other day, right? They look cool. Very creative artists.

 

Blogger AquaMarina said ... (15:19) : 

Ahhhhh another elephant. About time!! Hooray!

 

Blogger IleDuLevant said ... (21:58) : 

Artist is Pablo Delgardo.

Note to mostlyjakarta.com: I think you might be referring to one of Delgardo's Jack The Ripper pieces that was posted by Mo on another London blog we both follow: aglimpseoflondon.blogspot.com

 

Blogger cara said ... (01:29) : 

Just beautiful with the shadows and the detail and the colours and everything. I love it.

 

Blogger Nathalie H.D. said ... (07:04) : 

How clever - just brilliant!
And the shadow painted on the pavement, that's fantastic.

9 inches, is that 22 centimetres?
You'd really need to pay attention to see it.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile