Monday, June 06, 2011

Life's A Beach



Summer is always a good time on the Southbank, and this year they have excelled themselves, and I will be making no few excuses for bringing you images of the area over the next days. This scene, promoting Southend as a holiday destination, is just west of Waterloo Bridge.

(The eagle eyed among you may notice that for the first time in months I have been out with my 'proper' camera ... huzzah!)

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Life's A Beach"

 

Blogger RedPat said ... (02:00) : 

That is a fabulous beach scene! I thought they had just dumped a lot of sand - didn't know they had set up little vignettes.

 

Blogger Mo said ... (09:40) : 

Its a really fun beach. I love the huts. All we need now is sunshine.

 

Blogger Gerry Snape said ... (14:22) : 

great beach ! good for the south bank.

 

Blogger Julie said ... (21:05) : 

I love the shabbiness of the old row boat. But what is it with the field of thistles and other dreaded growths? Is that what Southend offers? Hah!

This reminds me a bit of Panorama Mesdag in Den Haag.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile