Friday, October 28, 2011

St Martins in the Fields



For today, a photo of the Church of St Martin in the Fields in Trafalgar Square. Been a while since this has been fields, though.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "St Martins in the Fields"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (00:41) : 

Y'know, in all these years I never considered The Fields was a modifier for the church; I always assumed it was a way to differentiate Martin, like Francis of Assisi or Thomas Aquinas. Huh. Silly me.

It's tough to go wrong with a classic. Who was performing?

 

Blogger hellibird said ... (10:06) : 

Sorry, I'm a pedant; it's St Martin (no s) in the Fields.

 

Anonymous PETER WRIGHT said ... (01:10) : 

EARLIEST PHOTO TAKEN OF THIS WAS IN 1839, BY DE CREUX I THINK - THE YEAR PHOTOGRAPHY WAS INVENTED

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile