Friday, November 25, 2011

Yew won't guess how old



The first thing you meet on this walk is St Johns the Baptist church in Erith, it's been a place of Christian worship for a thousand years, apparently, and this beautiful yew tree is eight hundred years old.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Yew won't guess how old"

 

Blogger PerthDailyPhoto said ... (01:13) : 

I find myself wondering what this scene would have been like when this tree was being planted 800 years ago, fascinating!! Lovely shot Ham.

 

Blogger fatim308 said ... (05:57) : 

This is really amazing actually...we get to see the tree of the past

P.S ...and nice pic too ^_^

 

Blogger ADDY said ... (09:35) : 

There's an 800 year yew tree in the churchyard where I married. I thought the same as PDP above.... I wonder what that tree has witnessed in its life.

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile