Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Ordinary Londoners - No 23 In the series



I've been very lucky over the years, at the Three Wine Men on Sunday I got to meet Oz Clarke, my wine hero. His attitude drew me into the world of wine - to quote from his website "Wine is all about pleasure, If it doesn’t give you a buzz, there’s no point to it.". His books about supermarket wine hurrrumph years ago made the journey accessible, and when I had the resources and the fortune to experiment more, I trusted his judgement more than anyone else.

Let's raise a glass to a champion Londoner, cheers Oz!

The ordinary Londoner series is here.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "Ordinary Londoners - No 23 In the series"

 

Blogger Helen said ... (09:45) : 

Hear, hear!

 

Blogger Rae Walter said ... (13:35) : 

Interesting character. Must have been a great wine event at the Three wise Men. Cheers to you and Oz also.

 

Blogger cara said ... (03:48) : 

Great portrait, Ham (and flattering too, I reckon)

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile