Wednesday, January 18, 2012

A wondrous bird



Oh, a wondrous bird is the pelican!
His bill holds more than his bellican.
He can take in his beak
Enough food for a week.
But I'm darned if I know how the hellican.

You can find this couple in London's St James Park

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "A wondrous bird"

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (03:23) : 

State bird of Louisiana!

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (06:22) : 

While I found multiple attributions for this limerick, I believe I first read this in one of my favourite books, The Complete Nonsense of Edward Lear, a book I got for Christmas more than 40 years ago!

 

Blogger Lucas Kain said ... (12:58) : 

Pelicans! Never seen any in person, must be really beautiful! Especially with the sun shining over their feathers :)

___
International calls

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile