Thursday, April 19, 2012

Herron und Damen



The herons in Regents Park on the boating lake (and there are a surprising number of them) all appear to be pairing up for their spring ..... springing. I sort-of assume the different plumage on these two represents different gender, but I am happy to be corrected.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "Herron und Damen"

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (01:29) : 

Your theory seems plausible to me, though I simply enjoy the birds regardless of their plumage...

 

Blogger Hull and Hereabouts said ... (02:59) : 

Ok the back one is a dummy. Grey herons don't look like this at all. The front one I'm a tad worried 'cos it lacks feet?

 

Blogger ??? said ... (07:53) : 

The title made me spit my tea on my keyboard.

The bird in the back is a juvenile, I think, probably from last year. It will acquire those beautiful white feathers down its neck this year.

 

Blogger ACravan said ... (11:43) : 

Photo and comments all terrific. Curtis

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile