Tuesday, March 19, 2013

No, you have him!



This "Modern Sculpture" just south of Battersea Bridge looks like nothing else to me but that the kid is being lobbed by the mum, and dad may or may not catch. I was amused to find that the imbalance is caused by a missing bird, to which the child is stretching out his arms. I was further amused to learn that "the piece is meant to represent unity between the people of London", I suppose that someone has to pick up the pieces.

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "No, you have him!"

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (23:49) : 

I'm guessing it doesn't look any better in person. This breaks the cardinal rule of art; Be good, be bad, it's not important; just don't be pedestrian.

 

Blogger Gerald (SK14) said ... (20:38) : 

picking up the pieces - anyone but the politicians I guess

 

Blogger Steve A said ... (22:24) : 

I'm glad you told us about the unity - I'd have NEVER guessed!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile