Monday, September 16, 2013

Local art

Many local boroughs in east London have planted bits of art in random places over the last couple of years. I assume that it is as a result of Olympics money sloshing about. Here we have a prime example planted by Redbridge in the desolate area over the north circular. All rather odd but a possible  improvement. I just hope they didn't spend much of our council tax on it.

So here's the deal. I have been quite surprised how much time I have had back over the last couple of months. I used to think blogging didn't take up that much time really - I was wrong. I am going to try to resurrect the blog but it will be very much day to day. If I find a picture or something to say I will post it, probably using my mobile phone, so I may have to play with the picture afterwards. I won't be building up a stock of pictures and if I'm not around there won't be a photo. Hopefully once I get used to the camera it will improve and the immediacy will compensate a bit for the lower quality images.

posted by Ham at 17:27 -- Comments here: 12

Comments on "Local art"

 

Blogger Poul Thorsen said ... (06:03) : 

Keep going. It is the story that counts not the quality of the picture.
“Sharpness is a bourgeois concept” - Henri Cartier-Bresson.

 

Anonymous TGP said ... (13:27) : 

I know the feeling Ham - it takes time and energy, mentally as well as physically, to keep blogging on a daily rate. Go at your own pace, we will follow...

 

Blogger Kay said ... (15:37) : 

I think it's lovely to keep it simple, short and sweet!

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (22:34) : 

Welcome back! Looking forward to my daily London catch up again :-)

 

Anonymous imajoebob said ... (00:33) : 

About time! No more sloughing off for you. Get back to your job of amusing me!

Nice to see you back. We'll take what you can spare us.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (10:35) : 

WELCOME BACK!!!!
You're website is my homepage!!!

Annamaria-pamp

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (12:18) : 

I would rather phone photo to no photo. Glad you're back. It is the insight that I like anyway. Things I don't see or know.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (08:51) : 

Glad you are back! I love your insights, and I can dream about traveling back to London one day (hopefully) soon.

 

Blogger Helen said ... (00:32) : 

Welcome back, anyway. Whatever you post will be interesting, I am sure.

PS Did you get that picture of the elegant elephant in St Christopher's Place I sent you?

 

Anonymous amber said ... (18:48) : 

glad you're back. the "public art", as it was called, in your photo was funded by the developers of a nearby residential development. if you think it's odd, you should have seen the others in the shortlist. ups

 

Anonymous Nancy said ... (22:09) : 

Good picture!

 

Blogger Unknown said ... (02:34) : 

That's good!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile