Thursday, January 01, 2009

January Theme Day - Best of 2008



So 2008 has been and gone. Seen quite a lot of changes here at LDP Towers, including going back to time-consuming film photography and finding I have less time overall for this photography lark. Small inherent contradiction there, but still.

The first of the month (and the year) marks a City Daily Photo theme day - in this case the best photo of 2008. It's never easy choosing your own photos, but I found myself gravitating to my film shots, and the Bronica ones in front of the rest. This shot of Canary Wharf (first seen in April) just edged it for me.

About 150 other City Daily photo sites around the world are joining in the theme day, Click here to view thumbnails for all participants

Can I take this opportunity to wish you all the very happiest and - more importantly - healthiest New Year.

Labels:

posted by Ham at 00:02 -- Comments here: 3

Comments on "January Theme Day - Best of 2008"

 

Blogger Kate said ... (11:14) : 

This is a spectacular shot, and so perfect in black and white. May I wish you a happy 2009 filled with good health, prosperity and much joy!!

 

Blogger Bob Crowe said ... (16:18) : 

How interesting. I would not have guessed this was London, but perhaps Chicago shot from a bit down the lake. Of course, Canary Wharf is unlike the rest of London and, indeed, the rest of England. I admire those of you who have the patience and skill do do such fine work on film.

My wife and I will be in London next month and hope we can meet some of the local CDPBers. best wishes for a happy 2009.

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (20:35) : 

A great photo.Perfect in B&W as well. Happy New Year

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile