Tuesday, May 05, 2009

Fair Fairings?

Shot with Olympus E520
London has a vast number of exclusive antiques shops that huddle together in areas like Portobello Road or here, in Chelsea. Fairings are those curious, mostly fairly coarse china ornaments that were bought or won at fairs in the 19th Century. While they are collectible, they are not normally fantastically expensive. I thought I'd use this picture in connection with the Bank Holiday and Fairs. However, given the prominence of these figures and the location of the shop, I suspect that my initial identification of these as fairings might well be wrong.

Labels: ,

posted by Ham at 00:27 -- Comments here: 0

Comments on "Fair Fairings?"

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile