Monday, July 10, 2006

London's Elephant's - No.7 1/2 in the series



I can't get away from the feeling that I'm cheating a bit here. After all, they are nowhere you can go and visit, but I liked them so much I thought they had to join the party. I'll compromise and post this as an extra to the series, hence the "7 1/2".

They were on sale at the Hampton Court Flower Show (see yesterday), and they appear to be having a wonderful time splashing about. I didn't dare ask how much they were.

Click for No 1 in the series.
Click for No 2 in the series.
Click for No 3 in the series.
Click for No 4 in the series.
Click for No 5 in the series.
Click for No 6 in the series.
Click for No 7 in the series.

posted by Ham at 00:44 -- Comments here: 4

Comments on "London's Elephant's - No.7 1/2 in the series"

 

Anonymous Anonymous said ... (06:12) : 

Hehehe they seem to be having so much fun! How much would they cost anyways...are they expensive? They are made of stone right?

 

Blogger Ham said ... (07:36) : 

They are bronze. Price, at a guess? The smallest one - £10,000. Although I have to tell you that does not make them the most expensive London elephants - they arrive next time.

 

Blogger Kim said ... (19:29) : 

The little ones are so captivating. Are those real antique ivory tusks on the adult figure?
-Kim

 

Blogger Ham said ... (11:23) : 

Kim, they are all bronze with different patination. Ivory would be a big no-no!

 

post a comment
Click for more recent posts Click for older posts

Name: Ham Location: London, United Kingdom View my complete profile